According to users responding to a survey on Yahoo!, these are the top 5 Halloween candies of 2011. Every year I hand out candies, but I often wonder, “Does anyone actually enjoy these things?” Thanks to this helpful little tidbit of information, I now know what to buy next year.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – Nothing makes kids scream more than a handful of Peanut Butter Cups. These delicious morsels are the number one, highest voted candy of 2011, and for good reason. The chocolate melts in the mouth, while the peanut butter gives it a meaty texture. (I’m salivating just thinking about them.)
- Twix – Following along the chocolate theme of the number one spot is Twix, a crunchy, caramel-filled candy. The biscuit underneath all of that sweet goodness gives the candy a gratifying tug with each bite. Definitely have these at hand come Halloween.
- Snickers – Similar to the number two spot, Snickers is a peanut nougat topped with caramel and milk chocolate, creating a softer bite than Twix. These bars are thicker than Twix, so you get more with each bite, though only one Snickers bar is included per purchase.
- Peanut M&Ms – Instead of candy bars, fans are wild about these chocolate-covered peanut morsels. There’s nothing like a handful of Peanut M&Ms, because you can enjoy each individual piece, or gobble them down in one bite.
- Gummi Bears – While I am not a huge fan of anything gummi, countless individuals out there love the stuff. It must be something about the chewy nature of the gummi. Maybe people love to chew and chew and chew – I can’t really say. Either way, it’s fifth on the list.
Of course, these are only the top 5 candies as voted on my users of Yahoo! There are lots and lots of other candies that people enjoy, and no amount of surveys can dissuade those preferences. Just like Halloween costumes, you’ll never please everyone with what you choose, so find the one that makes you happy.